Friday, December 07, 2007

Ite, missa est.

lone petition
After great pain, a formal feeling comes --
The Nerves sit ceremonious, like Tombs --
The stiff Heart questions was it He, that bore,
And Yesterday, or Centuries before?

The Feet, mechanical, go round --
Of Ground, or Air, or Ought --
A Wooden way
Regardless grown,
A Quartz contentment, like a stone --

This is the Hour of Lead --
Remembered, if outlived,
As Freezing persons, recollect the Snow --
First -- Chill -- then Stupor -- then the letting go --

— Emily Dickinson


Nini passed this morning. Just as my flight touched down she let go.

I'll write more later: Right now there's much to do.

Thank you friends, for your kind words, wishes, prayers and hugs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
- Winston Churchill and quoted from my Grandmother the day she passed away in 1988. She never met my son.

mrtn said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Dayna.

anniemcq said...

I'm so sorry, friend.

Lolabola* said...

hugs hugs hugs

karigee said...

my condolences, dear heart -- blessings to you all

anne said...

Ms. Hoo, I am so sorry that you did not get to have one more conversation with your grandmother. I am sure she is watching over you, and the fact that you were en route to see her means a lot. Take care...

suttonhoo said...

thank you, friends.

Related Posts with Thumbnails