Thursday, June 12, 2008

5 / 7 / 5

Me, me, me, me, me.

Stephen Colbert's Webby Acceptance Speech


Since their inception in 1999 The Webby's have insisted that winners constrain their acceptance speech to five words.

This week I caught wind of a dinner event held tangentially to an industry conference here in Chicago. (Yeah, no, not the super cool WWDC. That wasn't here.)

Traditionally it was "online retailer only" dinner and vendors were left at the door. But in recent years vendors -- folks with something to sell to retailers -- have been invited in under one condition: that they prepare and read a haiku to the assembly.

The retailers then vote on which vendor presented the best haiku -- and that vendor (and only that vendor) has 60 seconds (and only 60 seconds) to pitch their goods.

And then everybody eats in peace.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails