Friday, November 06, 2009

I'll be back


I'll be back
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo
Bronco's, Est 1959. This is just a placeholder until I capture a shot of their magnificent flashing neon sign -- the sign that drew me to Bronco's; the sign that was flashing its lasso as I pulled in after a long day on the road and a longer day camped out in an Omaha hospital room where mr. hoo's sweet poetry-writing, rhyme-citing grandma is currently bed bound with a couple of fierce infections.

The same colossal flashing neon sign the Bronco's night shift flipped OFF just as I pulled to the drive-thru window a little after 10PM to pay for my double-cheese burgers with laredo fries (waffle cut, seasoned) and reached for my cameraphone.

dangit.

For what it's worth, the Bronco's double-cheese burger is prepared exclusively with mustard -- lots of it -- and a couple of pickles. (Perfect.) The ketchup, all 13 foil packets of which will go to their grave unopened, was buried in the grease soaked bag under the fries and mr. hoo's cherry pie.

Posting by cameraphone from Omaha, NE.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails