Tuesday, October 06, 2009

roiling boil


The most important program on your computer is your web browser.

Narration from What is a browser? created by Jason Toff, an Associate Product Marketing Manager at Google.

Toff's statement, which he makes twice in his one minute video, caught me off guard, in a frog in a boiling pot of water kind of way. Maybe I've been working on websites too long, but I still think of my trade as marginal. (When I first started telling folks I developed web sites I often heard: "what's a web site?")

So getting online is now the most important thing we do with our computers?

I guess it is.

I also think Toff is doing a valuable service with his what is a browser primer -- seeing how it wasn't too long ago that MSN.com went down and folks called Microsoft tech support to tell them "the Internet is broken".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails