Tuesday, April 08, 2008

mold-o-rama dino plays for you


Got a wild hair and decided I needed a point-and-shoot Leica DLux 3 to make the most of my time on the road. Like Holga and cameraphone shots aren’t enough.

Took it with me to an event at the Field Museum last night and pulled it out for just a few shots -- none of them amazing, none of them sending out that quiet “shoot me shoot me” beacon that calls the camera -- but I shot them anyway, because I wanted to see what the little Leica could do.

And you know what? It looks like the little Leica can do. (That burn out's my fault. Wanted it.)

It doesn’t have a viewfinder, which I thought might make it a little odd, but it turns out it’s a whole lot like framing and shooting stuff on my Hiptop/Sidekick.

Three meetings across three states in the next three days so I’ll have plenty of time in transit for some pointing and shooting -- so we’ll see.

(& that’s right kids: it’s around 4.30 in the morning as I load this post before heading to the airport. Which, I’m sure, is the sign of a problem.)

5 comments:

Mikkel said...

Leica C-lux 1 rules OK

suttonhoo said...

says hemingway?

anniemcq said...

LOVE the shot. JH would totally dig the mold-o-rama dino. Safe travels, early bird.

Mikkel said...

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit. P.S.: Leica C-lux rules OK."

W. Somerset Maugham

suttonhoo said...

sold.

Related Posts with Thumbnails