Friday, April 18, 2008

everybody was kung fu fighting


dear ms. anniemcq:
Did you know that I fell deeply & irrevocably in love with you when we sat next to each other in the dark, our husbands nearby, as Jackie Chan skirted across the screen in his skivvies (it was that Bronx movie that they filmed in Vancouver; later we would queue up Drunken Master) and you said, so deeply appreciative (while munching popcorn I’m pretty sure): “Jackie always throws in something for the girls.”

That’s when I knew we were kin for sure.

For you ms. mcq: The New York Times has served up some Chaniliciousness »

2 comments:

anniemcq said...

This has me verklempt. And missing you, friend! I actually got teary reading this. Come see us soon, we'll see the new movie with Jackie & Jet.

Love you, D. Thanks for this sweet memory!

suttonhoo said...

ah sweetie: I didn't mean to make you cry. just wanted to share a little Jackie. :)

& yep: soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails