Wednesday, April 09, 2008

thus ends our saga


thus ends our saga
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo.
Rolled into the Saga Motor Hotel 22 hrs, three states and two rental cars after I started my day, having compounded an impressive carbon footprint.

Staying here at the Saga Motor Hotel -- a sweet little mom & pop motor court in that funky 40's SoCal style -- because a colleague of mine wanted to have a little more fun with business trips. And it definitely beats the corporate Marriott up the road -- feels a little like pulling into grama's place (not my grama's, but somebody's grama I'm sure).

Paperback books and potted plants on the shelves, shuttered windows, bad wallpaper and a mini-fridge made for college dorm rooms in the corner.

Smells a little like an old folks home. But in a good way.

If that makes any sense at all.

G'night.

Posting by cameraphone from Pasadena, CA.

3 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

I love your sense of going with the flow - I love that you turn every day into that of a free spirit.

anniemcq said...

Okay, next time you want to stay at a motor court hotel in Cali, drive up to Carpinteria and stay at The Eugenia Motel. I promise you will be charmed. Where is the Saga?

suttonhoo said...

lol -- thanks sarahb. I think it's the yoga. ;)

which reminds me: anniemcq: your back: yoga.

& p.s. pasadena. I forgot my datestamp didn't I? dang it. will repair. soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails