Wednesday, January 14, 2009

and then we ate our way into oblivion

Dinner with the incomparable Kari & Sarah, post-Plow. Prix fixe menu at the Modern, which come to find out is a whole lot more than just shows up on the menu.

Almond and fennel gazpacho bolstering lox and roe. Crispy duck tempranillo risotto. Lamb with au jus and heirloom beans. Roasted mango (yes: roasted) with vanilla ice cream and one of those little Indian donuts.

Plus an endless parade of amuse bouche at the outset and sweets at the end -- including complimentary birthday cake for the birthday girl, which she was kind enough to share.

Regret only that I didn't order greens to start and cheese to finish, but I'm sure I'd regret what I missed if I did.

Did I mention the free mini-loaf of stollen as a parting gift?

Srsly.

Posting by cameraphone.

5 comments:

karigee said...

I think I'm hungry again already!

Thanks for joining us; it was indeed a very special night.

Sarah B. Roberts said...

You are ULTRA COOL, Miss Suttonhoo! Thank you for suggesting it all. I'm enjoying a bite of stollen with my coffee right now. Mmmmmm.

suttonhoo said...

(it's a vampire thing.)

mmm stollen...

anniemcq said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a good time! Sounds absolutely WONDERFUL.

suttonhoo said...

you've gotta join us next time, ms. anniemcq.

not taking no for an answer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails