Thursday, May 04, 2006

dinner in dublin


dinner
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo.
On the cab ride into Dublin I asked the driver if he could recommend any good places to eat, and he suggested that we check out any one of many Chinese restaurants to have recently sprouted up around town.

Not what I expected to hear, driving into Dublin for the first time ever.

Turns out the rate of immigration from China to Ireland in the last three or four years has been sizeable.

Having spent plenty of time devouring asian cuisine I should have known better than to order the steamed seabass in a ginger and blackbean sauce. Of course the bass would come fully intact. But of course, once I got past my aversion to seeing my dinner staring up at me, it would be delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails