Friday, February 13, 2009

woody


woody
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo
Leftover shot from last night -- we had dinner in the room
next door, Asia de Cuba at Clift. (Quite good, btw.) This is the Redwood Room, which I had heard about many years ago but never seen.

When I was told that the whole room was paneled with a single giant redwood back in the 1930s (I may have the date wrong) I imagined something funky and rustic, WPA era National Park style, but it's not like that at all.

It's sleek and chic and all Deco -- and remarkably welcoming. A warm red infusion of an I could stay here all night in this embrace kind of place.

Except there was dinner to be had and then bed, and now an early flight to Portland.

See ya San Francisco. & thanks.

Posting by cameraphone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails