Thursday, September 04, 2008

all class, part 2.


At least I don’t plaster on the make-up like a trollop, you c***.

John McCain's response to his wife Cindy, before an audience of reporters and two staffers in 1992, when she teased him about his thinning hair, as related by the New York Review of Books and cited by The Sunday Times (of London).

Had enough of John McCain? No? Here's an earful that's well worth reading, written by an Arizona journalist who followed the politician for many years »

7 comments:

anniemcq said...

It's strange, I've been wondering about her arm cast lately. He sounds like an angry guy.

suttonhoo said...

I've been told that this is old news, but if it's old news HOW DID HE GET THIS FAR?

the smoke they're blowing about misogyny makes me furious. how can you tell if a man hates women? he calls them c***s.

anniemcq said...

Exactly. How does THAT happen?

bd said...

Found the citation unsatisfying given the ugliness. I think I will file this one under "can't believe everything you read."

did laugh at the video found here: http://tinyurl.com/59emwc

suttonhoo said...

oh that's good.

& fair 'nough: I owe you an actual citation.

in the meantime I'll leave you with Eve Ensler's attempt to take back the word »

bd said...

hard to find.....and to bring full circle back to McCain, here is Jane Fonda: tinyurl.com/5ceqcp

suttonhoo said...

poor jane. even when she's trying to avoid trouble she makes trouble for herself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails