Friday, September 12, 2008

black stones, reprised

I wrote of Piedras Negras a little while ago: that remote Mayan site along the Usumacinta River where so many Mayanists did so much important work.

This is a reprise: Piedras Negras by holga.

landmark


Memorize this mound of a mountain. It's just opposite the riverbank where you'll put in to climb the steep sandy bank to access the site. It's one of very few landmarks. There are no signs marking Piedras Negras.


temple steps
Temple steps.


mayan temple
Temple.


where Tatiana sleeps
Where Tatiana sleeps at the top of the temple steps.

3 comments:

anniemcq said...

I am falling in love with your Holga shots, and I so love your Mayan excursions. Beautiful

suttonhoo said...

thanks, friend.

Anonymous said...

I knew maya + holga would make wonders.
I just did not know how long we'd have to wait.
Welcome.

ps: if you ever print a "find you favorite mayan temples in five holga shots" guide, save me a copy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails