Tuesday, January 23, 2007

security revue (if.)

If I were a performance artist I would buy an open jaws airline ticket and travel to all the airports in the United States where, while going through security, I would strip down slowly and decorously, stacking my clothing in the little grey bins, until only the barest undergarments remained -- sparkling silver pasties and a matching g-string might do. This is performance art, after all.

Once through the metal detector I would dress again and board my flight.

All of this TO MAKE A POINT.

(Yes, clearly, all this travel is taking its toll.)

2 comments:

Enyasi said...

I am on the floor!!! This is brilliant!!!! Better yet, I think you should apply to the National Endowment for the Arts for grant money to put on the show!!!! I can't believe no one else has commented on this... Either all your readers are having connection issues or you have really scared them!!!!

suttonhoo said...

lol -- I've had a few conversations about this one offline, but you're right, nothing online. my fault probably -- I got shy and pulled it down for the first 12 hrs or so, before I decided to take it live again.

so you really think the NEA would bankroll it? I suspect the TSA would have their heads. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails