Monday, March 20, 2006

movie date

File this one under Movies I Love Even More than I Might Because of the People I've Loved Them With

  • Masters of Light* because of TD4, who turned me on to John Ford skies and was never without his light meter

  • Shane and Zorro (the one with Tyrone Power, 1940) because my Bompa would declare a movie night whenever they aired on the networks and we'd stay up late in our PJs to watch (and because it tells you in an instant what he valued most)

  • Kitchen Stories because of my darlin' companion and the kick he got out of watching that old bachelor farmer drink his coffee in the kitchen (it's a Norwegian thing); this is one of the best movies about friendship ever -- if you don't mind subtlety it'll wreck you good

  • *I'm having a hard time finding an online reference to Masters of Light, a documentary that I saw a long time ago at the Seattle International Film Festival, although Amazon features a book with the same name and subject -- a series of interviews with Cinematographers -- which I have to assume is based on the film. I'll keep looking.

    12 comments:

    Enyasi said...

    Greetings....the Librarian here....
    Was this Vermeer: Master of Light narrated by Meryl Streep?

    suttonhoo said...

    No, unfortunately. :( It was a series of interviews with Cinematographers.

    But you're still my favorite librarian. :)

    Glen Dixon said...

    I am using Mobdro which is the app to watch my favorite movies on my phone for free. mobdro is a streaming application of quality and safe sports, movies, news and programs for the entire 2020 world.
    See more: https://mobdroplus.com/fr/

    MobdroVip said...

    Hello, to be able to watch your favorite online TV I would like to share to you the Mobdro application. Mobdro is an application to watch TV online movies, sports, news, music completely and safely on your device.

    Patricia Peters said...

    Thank you for sharing you can download Listas IPTV safest quality here

    Lora Malone said...

    Do you usually watch movies with netflix mod apk terbaru on weekends like me? Netflix has a lot of great movies.

    Sona Mina said...

    Thank you that's great, I'm so busy I don't spend a lot of time on movies and every time I watch it it's just a movie that played a few weeks ago. I was using netflix then, and a version at game mod miễn phí

    JuliaStewart said...

    minecraft premium apk is a mobile version of the popular sandbox video game, Minecraft. It allows gamers to play their favorite game on the go and explore different worlds and create their own constructions.

    Unknown said...

    At Minecraft 1.20 I downloaded it and it's quite stable and great to use.

    sana said...

    Adobe Premiere Pro is a leading video editing software that empowers filmmakers, content creators, and video professionals to bring their visions to life with unparalleled precision and creativity. As part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Premiere Pro sets the industry standard for video editing, providing a comprehensive set of tools for editing, color correction, audio processing, and more.

    Adobe Premiere Pro Crack

    sana said...

    ABBYY PDF FineReader is a powerful and versatile software solution designed to transform scanned documents, PDFs, and images into editable and searchable formats. This intelligent OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology goes beyond mere text recognition, providing users with a comprehensive toolset for efficient document processing and management.


    ABBYY FineReader Key

    Anonymous said...

    Touch your emotions with songs that play seamlessly without being interrupted by ads only at Spotify Premium APK, bringing you a wonderful music space.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails