Sunday, April 16, 2006

Gentleman, 55.

Coming from one of the world's largest coal-producing regions, you'd expect me to litter this ad with clever references to coal and the decline of the coal industry and possibly some nostalgia about my father working in a coal mine and a few anecdotes about accidents and heroism and camaraderie and everyone supporting each other in times of coal-related hardship and crisis. Instead, I'd like to talk about my cats. Gentleman, 55. Likes cats. Box no. 06/07.

Personal Ad, London Review of Books, 6 April 2006
All box number replies should be sent to Box no. 06/07, London Review of Books, 28 Little Russell Street, London WC1A 2HN.


The folks at the London Review give away a bottle of Taittinger to the best ad of the week; box 07/04 won this last week with a reference to a mix up with industrial cleaners. Frankly, I thought this one was better.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails