Sunday, September 30, 2007

these boots



My godmom subscribes to the Australian tradition in which godparents are responsible for buying their godchildren a new pair of shoes every year.

Which means I'm heading home from a wholly nutritious and delicious weekend with my aunt, a.k.a. godmother, and her partner -- well-fed, -watered, loved good and long, and so. well. shod.

See above: Them's some shit kickin' trouble making that's what I'm gonna do boots.

Posting by cameraphone from the Minneapolis airport where my flight's been delayed by thunderstorms.

But I'm so sexy in these boots I hardly care.

;)

p.s. See "but mom, I look so HANDSOME!!" for a little bit more of what that's all about.

(Update: Had to salvage this post from orbit where it spun endlessly without ever going anywhere -- seems Flickr’s set a text limit and is rejecting all of my longer mobile posts. Dang it.)

6 comments:

anniemcq said...

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus I WANT those BOOTS!!!

Of course I'd look like an idiot in them, and yes, I can imagine how GODDAMN SEXY you are! You tall girls can get away with so much more than we of the stumpy legs!

Glad you had such a good lovin' time!

Enyasi said...

WOW!!!! I personally believe that cowboys and bikers are so often considered armed and dangerous not because of guns but rather boots... You go girl ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice! Are those Frye boots? If so, they will last FOREVER. I have 2 pairs, one for 10 years. So comfy...
:)

suttonhoo said...

anne: they are they are! so sturdy & solid. ooooohhhhh -- I wish I could wear 'em everywhere. :)

and lol you guys -- you SO GET IT!

armed and dangerous -- amen.

here's to beautiful boots for all. :D

Lisa Johnson said...

Love those boots! I never heard of that tradition before. Very cool! I just bought some new boots too and they are the sexiest pair I've ever bought. Maybe I should take a picture of them? I wonder what it is about boots...

Jack Lyons said...

Engineer Boots 4 evar <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails