Tuesday, October 02, 2007

motownopoly


Monopoly franchises usually make me cringe, but this one's kind of fun. In Motownopoly instead of going to Jail you Lose Your Voice, and each of the properties is a hit Motown single.

And whadya wanna bet that instead of a scheming banker little brother who squirrels away dishonest $500 bills under the gameboard[1], the banker is an Agent who steals away your dreams.

Courtesy of the Motown Music Review, a great little storefront at Detroit International that carries just about everything Motown. My CD stash is slowly growing with each stopover I make: This trip netted a compilation of Martha Reeves[2] and the Vandellas.

Posting by cameraphone from the Motor City.

[1] In his defense, said brother has since changed his cheating ways.

[2] née Eufaula Alabama

2 comments:

Lolabola* said...

I like to think they make me cringe but I forced B to buy quebecopoly on the honeymoon and now suddenly this motown thing is sounding good too.

anniemcq said...

you see the most interesting things!

Related Posts with Thumbnails