Friday, October 26, 2007

newly minted vintage


Mt. Tahoma Diner, 1960's
Originally uploaded by Roadsidepictures.
Is there a word for this: Gorgeous Polaroids of vintage signage before time passes and the "retro" designation settles in?

And if there is, then I'm sure there's a word for girls like me who get all damp when they hear the words "signage+polaroid" in the same sentence.

Roadside Pictures has posted a found collection of polaroid prints on Flickr, taken by someone who worked for a sign company in the 1950s and 60s.

And to make it even better: they're all from my home turf of Washington state (just down the road from Seattle, it looks like -- near Tacoma, Puyallup and Gig Harbor.)

No. Wait. To make it EVEN better, many bear ballpoint sketches of what may have been works in progress.



Retro-fitted retro.

Clickthrough for the slideshow, baby »

2 comments:

anniemcq said...

I'm not sure if it's the same sign, but Baydo's is still there. I've driven by it recently.

Oh, friend, this was a treat. And I giggle when you said it made you damp!

Lolabola* said...

yes this made me giggle too! also I'm sure I felt the same.

with pen markings? I mean really!

Related Posts with Thumbnails