We wanted our fortune cookies to be a little more value-added. We wanted to get some different perspective, to write something that is more contemporary.
Bernard Chow, marketing coordinator at Wonton Food, commenting on the flack they've received for some less-than-optimistic fortunes in their cookies, as reported in today's New York Times.
Wonton Food's Value-Add Fortunes include:
• Today is a disastrous day. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
• It's over your head now. Time to get some professional help.
• Perhaps you've been focusing too much on yourself.
• There may be a crisis looming, be ready for it.
• Your luck is just not there. Attend to practical matters today.
• Your problem just got bigger. Think: what have you done?