Sunday, December 09, 2007

pat down

So apparently ordering a ticket at the last minute for cheap via Priceline to go visit your grandmother in her final hours can mark you as a security threat, requiring further pat down and pawing.

Because you know what frugal spontaneous devil-may-care characters those terrorists are.

To their credit the TSA guys were awfully compassionate when I explained to them why my luggage was overpacked with things like framed pictures and a lovely hand embroidered shawl that still smells, even now smells (oh that it always smells) like my Nini.

Headed home. Sonoma on Friday for the funeral.

Posting by cameraphone from the Phoenix Sky-something (Harbor?) Airport.

4 comments:

Lolabola* said...

why do these bizarre things always seem to happen to us when we are grieving?

anniemcq said...

wish I could meet you at the airport with bagels and coffee.

anniemcq said...

D. - I miss you so much right now, and want to email, but Charley switched servers or something and I can't get online with my email. Just know I'm thinking of you so much - wishing I could eat chili spaghetti with you in Cinci.

Sending big big love, friend,
Ms. McQ

Unknown said...

my thoughts are with you dayna. these experiences always test us to our limits.

hugs my dear friend...

Related Posts with Thumbnails