Tuesday, December 04, 2007

sugimoto horizon line

sugimoto skyline

Outside window 1D, outbound to LAX.

Coughed up the miles to score a first class seat for this roundabout to LA today (both legs in one day, returning in snowfall late tonight so I can be around for a uasability lab in Chicago tomorrow) which, as an especially wise individual recently pointed out to me, is a somewhat crazy thing to do, seeing how I was in San Francisco on Sunday and coulda just hiked down from there.

True. Coulda. Probably shoulda.

Scratch that: Definitely shoulda. But it came up at the last minute and I wasn't thinking straight.

Posting by cameraphone at 30,000 ft and frustrated that my cameraphone adds those extra few pixels along the bottom outside the range of the viewfinder because I had such a perfect Sugimoto [1] horizon line thing going.

Ah well. There's always post-production in Picnik when I get back home.

[1] will update on my return -- in the meantime the curious might want to search this blog for "Sugimoto."


Update: Little better post-Picnik. Probably shoulda brought out the Canon point-and-shoot.

4 comments:

karigee said...

Sugimoto I actually know! Because of you! Look at how you've smartened me... safe travels, my friend.

anniemcq said...

Alright - when are you NOT in the air? Just wondering....Home safe and soon!

Lolabola* said...

yes I knew too, thank god I read your informative blog

also good, almost perfect horizon. can't wait to see the perfected one

suttonhoo said...

yay -- the propagation of knowledge on sugimoto and octothorps is complete -- my work here is done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails