Saturday, July 29, 2006

happy accident


This is my most "faved" shot on Flickr -- the Fave rate is 10%, with 39 faves to 409 views (at this writing). I shot it in low light on a moving train with no flash -- it was a total throwaway at the time. I was riding in an old Burlington Northern Santa Fe train car and was taken with the way the interior was designed and the colors that were used -- I wanted to capture it and take it away with me.

I almost didn't upload it, because of the blur.

This shot is a steady reminder to me that I don't know what I think I know -- I don't know what people will respond to, what they really care about, what really appeals to them -- not precisely.

It's always a crap shoot. Which makes it all the more magical when you throw something out there and it finds a home.

2 comments:

p2wy said...

and it's one of my all time faves. I can just imagine a top hat (or similar lady's hat) sitting on that seat. Every time I ride the metra I hope I see a car like that... I've had the same thing with flickr...my (now 2nd) most interesting shot was one I almost didn't upload.

b1-66er said...

this is ed hopper made photogenic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails