Saturday, July 01, 2006

curiouser and curiouser

I think of Flickr as a place apart – over time you get to know folks and their habits by what they shoot, post and how they comment -- but all of this happens somewhere besides the real world.

So it was strange to see the New York Times pull the curtain back and give a nod to one of my (and 3,000 other people’s) Flickr contacts, Thomas Hawk from San Francisco, whose work I've gotten to know over the last year or so.

Seems the Hawk has gotten into a bit of a scrape with photographer Jill Greenberg – accusing her of taking candy from babies in the worst kind of way.

You can read all about it in this morning’s New York Times »

(Scroll down a bit -- you'll find it mid-page. And while you're there you can read all about the new bike blender. See? All kinds of useful stuff.)

And here's another one from Oz: my theatre-buddy litwit got herself blogrolled by Terry Teachout, the WSJ and Commentary critic.

Time to change your underwear, Toto: it seems people are watching.

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

Wow, he made some pretty serious accusations there. I didn't look at the photos, so I guess I can't really comment on them, but it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails