Tuesday, November 14, 2006

people like you and me


clutch of elders
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo.
On a global level, deforestation will be reversed if we maintain this trend, which has involved a lot of different factors: a shift to highly productive agriculture in some places, as well as people like you and me reading newspapers on the Internet so that forest is not destroyed.

Jesse Ausubel of Rockefeller University in New York, one of the authors of a study just published in The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in which his colleague, Pekka Kauppi, states: “From the new data it seems possible that we could reverse a global trend that many thought was irreversible.” As reported today in « Many Nations’ Forests Regrow, Study Finds» by Elisabeth Rosenthal in the New York Times.

To my shame I read the good news in ink. Clearly I'm part of the problem. (I can work on that.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails