Wednesday, November 01, 2006

video killed the radio star

Ira Glass has been working the WBEZ pledge drive all week, and frequently using the opportunity to get all foggy over his new Showtime show which he’s been off filming in NY for the last little while -- a film version of his radio show, This American Life.

He just said something like this (paraphrased): “It never occurred to me that seeing people’s faces would add to the story. It just never occurred to me.”

Uh, yeah. Welcome to the talkies, Ira.

(Don’t get me wrong: I’m a fan. But come on -- really? never?! I think you're being coy with us, Mr. Glass.)

But this is cool: Pledge now and get a DVD of the first Showtime episode – no minimum pledge, above and beyond the regular incentive. But you’ve gotta call quick: 877-366-8924 – or pledge online.

And you don't even have to live in Chicagoland to do it.

p.s. Some free advice for the folks over at WBEZ -- go ahead and put your pledge telephone number on your home page. Real big. Real prominent. And not in an ad banner like you've got now -- people are blind to ad banners. It'll help. I promise. (And yes: I really do get paid to tell people things like this. Is this country great or what?)

[Comic credit: Brilliant Artbabe Jessica Abel]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails