Wednesday, January 30, 2008

go tell mama


Aija's mention of Shepard Fairey's Obama posters led to me to chase down a thread that emerged from my Flickrstream some time back when I posted a cameraphone shot of a creepy Obama poster -- one of many that was plastered about downtown Chicago.

Someone in the know left the essential breadcrumb -- which, on clickthrough, also provided an answer to where this lovely stencil came from -- all part and parcel of a grassroots art campaign to get the word out on Obama.

Or, more succinctly: "Go Tell Mama I'm for Obama!"

I.e. gotellmama.org

Good stuff. Come to find out, Shepard Fairey's work is here too, as a guest artist, along with Mike Genovese, Cody Hudson, and Lashun F. Tines.

And they have an online store (but, lord love 'em, not one stinkin' permalink on the whole site. You'll have to pick and poke through the top nav to get there).

you have my word

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails