Friday, November 02, 2007

bedside manners

So it seems I have the stupid virus -- the kind all former English majors dread -- the kind that makes you drop words and phrases and say stupid things as a result.

Like yesterday, when I commented on a Flickr friend's comment that he "made me so hard" . To which he wanted to confirm, of course, that I was a girl.

Correction (and pardon me): Made me laugh so hard.

I suspect this is why I need to be getting bed rest -- because if found outside the house I will say things that will compromise me in unexpected & untoward ways.

5 comments:

aija said...

I think it's one of the best things in the world to be asked, "are you sure you're a girl?"

Not the same as, "you were born a girl, right?" but eh :)

Get well soon!

mrtn said...

You stay stupid things? Like staying an execution? I think it's a good thing to stay stupid things. Better to postpone the stupid than have it right now, I say.

suttonhoo said...

thank you, mrtn: I rest my case.

(and made the necessary corrections.)

oy vey.

anniemcq said...

Hope you get lots of rest and feel better very soon.

At least you didn't say you were "hot and wet".

Derek Baird said...

oh that wee slip up of yours made my day! i laughed and laughed.

hope you're feeling better!

db.w

Related Posts with Thumbnails