Monday, September 04, 2006

hip shots


New York City is about a lot of things: Most of all, it's about people.

Shot the majority of these pics from the hip, without ever raising the camera (thank god for auto-focus).

On our way out of Midtown on Sunday, we got caught in a press of people celebrating something Brazilian. A samba beat pulsated; Portuguese was the language of choice; the savory street food doubled as my lunch. Good stuff; great send off; lot of fun to shoot. Many of these hip shots are from there.

Here's the slideshow »

5 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Great slideshow! I don't understand about the hip shots. How does that work?

suttonhoo said...

I guess it's not really fair to say it's "from the hip" -- I borrowed that from the old cowboy expression ;) -- really it means that I carried my Nikon chest high and then pointed it in the direction of the shot I wanted. I took a second to allow auto-focus to lock in and then fired off the shot. I didn't know what I had until later that day when I reviewed the "roll" (if you can call it that when it's a digital camera). ;)

heather lorin said...

cool set - looks like a fun day.

Lolabola* said...

The dog and red shoes shot and the one after it are fantastic!

Lisa Johnson said...

Oh, I see now! That makes sense.

Related Posts with Thumbnails