Saturday, February 24, 2007

bumpa with crabs


bumpa with crabs
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo.
(Okay -- that's probably not the best title I could have come up with.)

I'm just dying to shoot something new. Too much work and not enough sunshine around Chicagoland have been getting me down, but I'm heading out to San Francisco and Napa tomorrow where I hope to get a little bit happy with my Nikon.

This was shot somewhere along the West Coast in 1942. My grandparents were living in San Francisco at the time so it could be right around there, or it might be along the coast of Oregon where they went for a belated honeymoon trip.

My Nini's caption reads: "Jerry with crabs for lunch, 1942". We included this in a book that she recently self-published that I helped her typeset.

This Bumpa is not this Bompa, but they were both my grandpas, from whom I landed entirely unique inheritances.

I'm pretty sure I got my goofy sense of humor from this guy.

2 comments:

anniemcq said...

I love this. I love all the old photos. Just read about Bompa too. It's rainy here, and I'm feeling nostalgic. These two stories (Bumpa and Bompa) made me feel so cozy. Thanks.

Lolabola* said...

What a crazy photo. Great title too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails