Saturday, February 17, 2007

charlie boy


We interupt these pointless posts to bring you Charlie -- an abandoned three year old grey tabby my sweetie and I adopted about a month ago from the shelter.

We lost our sweet Brillig over a year ago, and it took nearly that long to be ready to bring another cat home. It felt disloyal somehow, we missed her so much.

But we needn't have worried: they're different creatures entirely.

Where Brillig was delicate Charlie's a klutz.

Where she was a demure little girl he's a shameless, blameless boy.

Where she was petite he's enormous.

His name came with him, and we thought about changing it, mostly in deference to another rare and charming Charley I know -- but he's such a Charlie, so it stuck. I call him Bird sometimes, just to mix it up. But he's our Charlie boy.

Bonus jump the shark material, as long as we're talking about cats: Nora, the Piano-playing Cat, who's got the same grey tabby thing going on. (Many thanks to Marilyn for link.)

3 comments:

anniemcq said...

He is BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations! And no need to worry about confusing him with your other Charley - that fellow is grace on wheels and I have pictures of him in a tutu to prove it! Love you, and love your new family member!

Enyasi said...

How wonderful!!!!!!! I am lucky enough to also have the company of a slightly, clumsy, "big boned" cat as well. I am only newly inducted to the world of cat people, but I can only imagine how happy you must be to have positive kitty vibes in your life once again.

Charlie suits him... from the picture he looks like a deep thinker....

Lisa Johnson said...

He's so cute! I'm looking forward to more pictures and stories about him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails