Saturday, February 24, 2007

no cheap swill, that


If I lived a different kind of life, I would have been at Sotheby’s this week in New York, bidding on a bottle of Château Mouton Rothechild Pauillac adorned with a label by Marc Chagall.

Or Kadinsky.

Or Picasso.

Or Warhol.

Or Henry Moore.

Or Jean Cocteau.

Or Saul Steinberg.

(The cheaper ones are going for the price of a small laptop. The older ones will cost you a small bungalow in a Midwestern town.)

Instead, I helped my husband re-seat the upstairs toilet.

May I'll buy the catalog and do the whole vicarious thing.

See the catalog PDF here »

Sotheby’s N08381 | New York 28 Feb 07
Chateau Mouton Rothschild Treasures from the Private Cellar of Baroness Philippine

The label at the top of the page is by New Yorker artist Saul Steinberg who has a tremendous exhibition on right now at the Morgan Library.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails