Saturday, June 24, 2006

the ideal candidate

Oh dear. What is it, precisely, about my “blogging behavior” that makes researchers at the University of Texas think that I am an “ideal candidate” to provide answers (where 1= “Strongy disgree” and 7= “Strongly agree”) to questions like:

  • I seldom know what to say or do to get others to like me.

  • If I put my mind to it, I could get anybody to like me.

  • If I want someone to like me, I can usually create positive feelings between us.

  • I am good at getting others to want to hang around with me.

  • I tend to associate less with people who are critical.

  • I often visit people without being invited.

  • I am cautious about expressing my poinions until I know people quite well. (Editor’s note: I’m afraid I don’t know what a “poinion” is – does that disqualify me?)

  • I am very sensitive to any sign that a person might not want to talk to me.

  • It seldom embarrasses me to ask someone for a favor.

  • I often say what I belive, even when it alienates the person with whom I am speaking.

And there's more where that came from.

Sorry guys: I’m all about research, but your dale carnegie-esque questions are kinda creeping me out. (Not to mention that Assistant Professors should have figured out spell check by now – see “strongy disgree”, “poinions” and “belive”.)

Any takers? You can find the link to the survey here »

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uhm, yah. i clicked the link and uh--it's called spell check guys. They might want to check out the Stanford Guidelines for Web Credibility out and pay attention to guideline #10.

From your index page:

"If there is any qestion...."

db

Related Posts with Thumbnails