Friday, February 29, 2008

my rake: let me show you it.

my rake: let me show you it.
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo.
Just before the curtain went up (so to speak) on Buster Keaton's silent film classic "The General" in which the Mechanical Engineer gets the girl.

Never mind that he's a Confederate.

Accompanied by some remnant of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, working from the original 1927 cue sheet by Dennis James and Eric Beheim. Conducted by Richard Kaufman.

Bargain seats: Two rows from the back at the tippy tippy top.

Posting by cameraphone from Symphony Hall, Chicago, IL.

1 comment:

bobcat rock said...

ah, i remember you twittering this well. it looks beautiful; i bet it was a magical experience. i found this update strangely moving; maybe because my dad was born in 1927. thank you - again - for sharing, D. be happy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails