Friday, May 02, 2008

how much I suck

Embiggen »


My carbon footprint per Dopplr.com -- as of September 2007 when I started using Dopplr.

So yeah: I pretty much suck.

What I do to try to reduce my impact when I travel:
  • Try to eat no meat (see: Diet for a Small Planet for the rational behind that), although I've been known to make an exception for Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles.

  • Decline drinks & peanuts off the airplane snack cart -- goodies I don't need in packaging I don't need to waste.

  • Rent a Hybrid whenever I can. I guess if I were really on the stick I'd start taking public transportation from the airport rather than cabs.

  • Eat in restaurants rather than ordering take out with all that additional packaging.


Gonna get better about bringing my own coffee mug along -- so I'm not using up all those paper cups. Will probably start bringing my SIGG along too for a water bottle -- I average two plastic water bottles per trip because I have to dump it before I go through security.

But yeah: I still suck. Quite a bit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails