Wednesday, May 21, 2008

waiting for barack


waiting for barack
Originally uploaded by suttonhoo.
Big doings in Kissimmee, FL, where I stopped by to see the Monument to the 50 States at Apelad's suggestion -- Barack Obama's on his way in for a Town Hall Meeting. Folks are congregating en masse at the Civic Center -- or as en masse as things get around Kissimmee, I'm guessing (I found parking on the street, no problem).

He'll be here in an hour and a half. At which time I'll be at the Orlando International Airport, turning in my rental car and queuing up for my flight home.

Never thought I'd be this sorry to leave Florida.

1 comment:

anniemcq said...

He was in Portland on Sunday, and we tried to get there, but the line was eight blocks long just to get in the gate. 72,000 people were there. 60,000 more than today in Florida.

Related Posts with Thumbnails