Wednesday, May 07, 2008

first we take manhattan


Headed to NYC this afternoon, but not staying in Midtown, where this holga was taken, and where I’ve spent so much time over the last couple of years that it’s starting to feel like home. It’s close to Bryant Park and my favorite office away from the office, plus I know where all the drugstores are.

Instead I’ll be staying near Union Park, on the edge of the East Village, near Teddy’s birthplace, close to the only Louis Sullivan in New York and alongside the pub where O’Henry wrote the Gift of the Magi. And just around the corner from where the statue of John Wilkes Booth’s brother Edmund playing Hamlet adorns Gramercy Park.

(And yes: I’ve been reading the guide book. ;)

Working of course, but may be able to squeeze in a walk or two. Stay tuned.


holga.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one our favorite parts of town! Stop by to see Ghandi on the Southwest corner of Union Square. And if you are in the mood for sushi, one of the best in the city in my books is Hasaki on 9th St at 3rd Ave. Get there before 7 if you can. No reservations. Then, if you are still going strong, the sake bar Decibel on 9th St near 2nd ave offers great underground Tokyo feel and GREAT sake.

karigee said...

what a GORGEOUS shot! welcome!

suttonhoo said...

yay -- thanks, a.m.! I miss you guys when I'm there...

& see you soon, ms. kari. & the captain. ;)

bobcat rock said...

wish you & holga a safe and happy trip, Lady Hoo. Take care & have fun!

Anonymous said...

then we take gothenburg (i'll go before)

anniemcq said...

The title reminds me of Jennifer Warnes version of that song.... I'll have to dig that cd out. It's one of my all time faves! Thanks, D!

Related Posts with Thumbnails